Friday, August 13, 2010

The Next Step

As my time in Bologna is coming to a close, it seems that "Adventures in Baloney" won't make much sense anymore as a blog.

I have received various suggestions about what to do about this, and the best, I think, is the idea that I open a blog about my adventures in New York. This time I'll write in Italian. That way I can keep my Italian somewhat healthy (hopefully) and I can also update my Italian friends on the next phase of my life. But then I think, maybe it would be better to start up the new blog anonymously so that I can really write whatever I want.

Is that a bad idea?

I know that this will be an unfortunate change for my few American readers, but maybe Google translator can help you.

The thing is, I'd also like to try a different blog server. I like Splinder, which I think is only in Italian, but I've been warned that it's not as good as it looks. Wordpress might be the best bet. I already have a close friend who uses it and you can see, by clicking on the link, that her blog looks pretty great.

So that's an option.

I do wish that Adventures in Baloney wasn't nearing its end, but I think that sensation might be more related to real life than to my feelings about the blog itself.

(P.S. What do you think of these last-minute changes?)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

the background is so beautiful!
remember the time i tried to use freetranslations.com on something you wrote? on doing laundry?
anyway, you'll have to keep some kind of blog going even for your english readers 'cause you'll be too busy studying to hang out with them.

Lulu said...

Now it really seems real: no more "Adventures"??? We'll be lost without it! I almost feel like crying!

Crenshaw Apples said...

I will be a bit sad to see the end of your Adventures blog (in English), but I think the new Italian version is an undeniably fantastic idea! I would recommend Wordpress, or possibly Tumblr.

Jersey Girl said...

I love your farewell graphics..fittingly dreamy, to frame your four years in Italy as a beautiful memory. Since this blog has been my only connection to you and a part of my life that I dearly miss, I'm panicking at the thought of losing contact. I don't care if you write in Swahili, as long as you let me know where to find it and you. So ironic because I will be headed to Milan only weeks after you're back on this side of the pond. Thank you for your years of beautiful words and talented photography, and most especially for the thoughtful, articulate and often pensive observations. With much love and admiration, your devoted aunt aka Jersey Girl

Sarettah said...

... tornare a Bologna, riaccendere il pc e trovare tutti questi cambiamenti... non ero pronta!!!
Ma insieme a tutti i tuoi lettori italiani e non sono ansiosa di continuare a leggerti, in qualunque lingua tu voglia!!!