Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Joy



I was recently reunited with the (musical) love of my life, Ginevra Di Marco, when my choir sang with her for the second time. For my few regular readers (hi parents!) you may remember that we participated in a concert with her last March. She and the super-talented musicians she works with recently released a new album and had a concert in a beautiful old theater in Florence. That's rehearsal, below.



I am a truly rabid fan of this woman, with an enthusiasm that's probably seen most often in connection with Michael Jackson or Madonna. But Ginevra's voice is better. This was my general feeling during the concert . . . with my fellow fan, Sarah!



Like any good fan, I took photos of (and then stole) the song list.



Last year we were all starstruck and excited to participate in an event with such a talented singer, but for some reason this year was even more special. Maybe because the faces are familiar and we felt more comfortable onstage with her - I really don't know. But there's something really thrilling about being onstage with a musician whom you respect and admire, both for her talent and musical choices (plus the talent of her band). Also, the choir kicked butt. And the theater, which had a capacity of more than 700 people, was full.

(Didn't take this photo or the next, but they give you an idea of the whole setup.)


Mermaid hair and amazing-ness.


And, of course, a photo with her (with the same people as last year, for tradition's sake)! I am attached to her arm which is holding a cigarette; this does not diminish my excitement!



It was definitely a Sunday well spent. And my inner fan will remain slightly calm until next year.

2 comments:

Sarettah said...

Joy è la parola giusta: quanto siamo state contente di questo bis con Ginevra? Io lo ripeterei tutti gli anni... ovviamente solo se ci sei anche tu!

dinkie's grandma said...

What a thrill! I wish I could have been there to listen and cheer. And to think that you 'trod the boards' of that stage! Yay, eeemsie!