Monday, May 18, 2009

Green Grass



This is a belated post to commemorate spring in Bologna: commemorate because it's over. According to my handy Mac weather forecast, this week is going to have temperatures in the 90's. (I'm in Cambridge right now, so I can say this without actually feeling the icky sweaty humid fear of that weather.) So, spring in Bologna is a thing of the past. It's beach time.

But there were some great times.



This was a picnic that included real plates and silverware, salad (with salad dressing made on the spot), and cake. Among other things. I think that it was probably worth five stars. During this weekend (the weekend of May 1) I played frisbee twice, and was terrible. I remember being pretty good at it when I was younger, but I guess I lost my skills somewhere along the road to becoming about extremely tall and uncoordinated.

And here's the view from my new apartment, starting June 1!


Hopefully I'll be done moving after this. I have an awesome new mattress, too. The only thing missing is a shower, but I swear I'm going to get really good at washing myself using this facility here:


The photo doesn't even do it justice. The tub is about two feet long, the eaves of the apartment are basically three feet above it, and I'm going to have to become a pro at washing myself with one hand while kneeling. As my new landlady told me, at a pause during her endless stream of cigarettes and advice on romance: if a six foot tall French student managed to shower there for five years, I can certainly do it. I'm shorter than him by two inches, after all!

Next post will include info on Rosa's graduation, lilacs in Cambridge, and my awesome tooth extractions. Not the front teeth, though.

3 comments:

Sarettah said...

certo, il difficile non è mica "lavarsi" lì dentro: il bello sarà dover sguazzare nel laghetto che si formerà per terra ad ogni doccia...
sarai una bravissima paperetta, ne sono sicura!

dinkie's grandma said...

Just look at the color of those bathroom tiles: so Italian! And the view out the window. It's storybook-perfecto. So is that meadow with the sleeping bikes and happy picnickers . . . Love it all! thank you, eeemsie, xoxox

Phone Stalker said...

No pics from US holidays?