Thursday, April 02, 2009

Waiting



These past few weeks have involved a lot of patience. I was waiting to move, and then I was waiting (and hoping) to find out that I would still be able to do so. It was almost spring, and then it got cold again, so I think that everyone is looking forward to this weekend when it's supposed to be 70 degrees.



I haven't written since my parents' visit to Bologna, which was wonderful. We ate lots of good food and I tried to be a good tour guide (despite the fact that it's impossible to predict anything in this country). That's another example of patience: my parents have lots of it and it makes them really flexible travelers. Luckily for me!



We saw the amazing mosaics in Ravenna, to which this photo does not do justice.



And paintings in Modena. In this photo the color of the wall may be more beautiful than anything else.



I also got a hair cut: bangs!



This may be the most patience-trying change of all! I made it to almost 25 without ever really having to spend much energy on my hair. It is probably appropriate that I start learning now.

So, in two days I am changing apartments for the first time in two and a half years. My whole point of reference in Bologna is about to change. Finally!

3 comments:

Dinkie said...

So many wonderful things in these photos: the sky, the countryside, the salad. Even the bangs! Okay, go ahead and stay there for a while longer . . . . life is looking awfully good in Baloney.

Jersey Girl said...

So, so beautiful. Please let us all know you're OK after seeing all the photos of L'Avila...

One Hundred Steps said...

Bangs! Emma, post a picture of yourself please! (And yes, I will post one of my eyebrows.) From the tiny bit I can see in the photo, it looks glamorous!