Tuesday, March 17, 2009

More Tourism, in Tuscany


Part II of my travels with Sandra: our visit to Tuscany, particularly an agritourism that was amazing in every way, located right outside Siena. Agriturismo Marciano fed us and put is up in the best little room imaginable. They make everything on-site, including some green tomato jam that we were crazy about.


I unfortunately got pretty sick during this leg of the trip, but Sandra was a trooper and weathered a full vineyard tour without me. It's safe to say that she was the only one (between the two of us) who came away from the agritourism with any real knowledge about what they did. I just passively appreciated it all!

I personally loved the bed.


We were constantly admiring our surroundings. Siena, and all of Tuscany, is so beautiful.



On every corner we found something to look at. Lots of bright colors everywhere.



It helped that the weather was perfect.


I realized that despite the fact that I've traveled a lot here, I've never really gotten a chance to explore and enjoy things as a tourist. There's something about not being anyone's guest, having a car, and not being on the job - three different freedoms that I never experienced during past travels. I'm very grateful to Sandra for coming! She was a superstar travel buddy.


Hoping for more travels as the summer approaches . . .

8 comments:

Sarettah said...

cavoletti, emma, ormai conosci l'italia meglio di me, e hai già visto posti che io neanche conosco: posso assumerti come giuda per il mio prossimo viaggio? purché non ti ammali, però...
;)

moravkovaeva said...

posso fare la "terza scomoda"? :-*

One Hundred Steps said...

Emma, your photos are beautiful, and it makes me want to go back even more! You were the superstar host. Grazie mille!

Anonymous said...

@Sarettah: mi auguro che quel "giuda" non sia stato un lapsus...
Max

Sarettah said...

oooooooh, maaaaax, che pignolo che sei....
mi ero illusa che questo blog lo leggessero solo gli stranieri, uffa!
Per emma: evidentemente non ho bisogno di giuda per il 15 giugno, ma magari di autisti sì ;P

Anonymous said...

good day fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching for that meticulous model. The prices due to the fact that the shoes were about 300 pounds everwhere. But completely I bring about this site selling them for half price. I exceptionally love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy them. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

hello people. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking allowing for regarding that particular brand. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers are about 350 pounds on every page. But for all I base this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy those. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

hi everyone. I'm really into shoes and I have been searching as far as something that exact model. The prices seeking the shoes are about 300 pounds everwhere. But completely I set this locate selling them someone is concerned half price. I in reality want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase those. what do you think?