Saturday, January 24, 2009

Snowing Snowballs

I was recently reminded that I haven't put up photos of Bologna in a dog's age. Here's one that doesn't really demonstrate much about the city itself (there's only one canal) but it's one of my favorite spots.


This morning there was lots of snow in Bologna - which is supposed to happen once every few years, and instead has happened more than three times so far this winter.


This was particularly bizarre because instead of falling in flakes, the snow was coming out of the sky in big clumps.
Here are some of the melting non-snowflakes on the terrace. If only this place weren't so wet, they might've actually stuck.


Otherwise I'm still trying to get over jetlag, battling various illnesses, looking for a new roommate, and translating like a maniac. If anyone knows how to get mold off the walls, let me know. It's really that damp here.

And it's gray, as you can tell from all of these photos (including my own).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know there were canals in Bologna. Be thankful that the snow doesn't accumulate, as in Boston.

Anonymous said...

Yes! I can imagine having a canal is special--so pretty. And where are you sitting? The red chairs are really cute. Makes me want to sit down and have a coffee w/ u

Anonymous said...

Looks like there's no escaping winter, here or there. I think the only answer is to hibernate.

Or sniff a catnip lemon.

BTW, some guy in your last list of comments thought that grandma's turkey was a chicken! Talk about clueless!

Anonymous said...

It's snowing, sleeting and raining here in NJ...which is very gray today as well, so like the tundra of northern NY. Be careful of the mold. Check out this site http://www.ehow.com/how_113168_remove-mildew-walls.html