Sunday, October 19, 2008

Absentee Ballot



Still looking for work.

But I've had some adventures since my last post, which have (in my cheerful moments) convinced me that it's okay to be at loose ends even though the world is in a crisis and in six months I'll be a quarter-of-a-century years old.

In seven days, I walked a runway, got my hair cut on stage in front of hundreds of people, had my makeup done for the first time, found out that I have a Maserati (not Fiat) face, was informed that 4 inch heels are just barely high enough (those shoes lift me to the grand height of 6 foot 2 inches, if you're interested), and sweated it out in front of a real camera for the first time. I made a historic pilgrimage (doubling as a 40 minute hike) four times, translated a relay race handbook and found a place that will make soy milk cappuccinos for my milk-hating stomach. These experiences brought only enjoyment.

Possibly the best of all, though - and certainly the most important - is when I voted on camera.

I'd sleep better if I had a regular routine and a paycheck, but this isn't so bad.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If some agent "discovers" you, does that mean you're not coming home?

Tiziano, please help me out by sending Emma back to the USA!

Anonymous said...

You have always been model gorgeous since you entered the world (I have the photos to prove it), so only surprise is that you hadn't walked a runway sooner. Luvd your note. There's a very good chance your aunt may be in Milan in mid-November and would love to see her niece and share "Unemployed at the Quarter-Century Mark" stories. Willing to travel to Baloney or anywhere else convenient and/or interesting. Please reply to GValenze@aol.com

moravkovaeva said...

Emmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaa!!!
You are so....beautiful!
xoxoxoxo

moravkovaeva said...

And the vinner is....

Obama!Obama!Obama!

qui ci vuole un bel post! :-)

Baciotti