Thursday, October 02, 2008

Bi-Coastal



Having just returned to Bologna after my weeks in Cambridge (and DC and NYC), I'm feeling a bit sad and disoriented. Jetlag is only a small part of it. It's odd to feel at home in two places so far away from each other. I wish there was an easier way to go between my two homes.

My first post-trip blog entry must, of course, center on the wonderful lobster meal that I had with my father. This dinner was a subject of much planning and anticipation. If you don't know this already, Boston is a good place to eat lobsters. Especially at Legal Seafood. Here I am with mine (what happiness!) . . .



And here's my dad with his. (His happiness may be even more intense. Please note that we were real high-rollers and we got medium sized lobsters.)



As you can see, he's holding his hand back to stop himself from devouring the lobster while I take the photo.

If you've ever eaten one, you know that lobsters are not the easiest creatures to pull apart. It takes strength and determination to get all the meat out of there. But it's so satisfying. And once you've gotten the hang of it, you want to keep going.



Not so different from my bi-coastal lifestyle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:o( sniff sniff, we miss u here! hurry up xmas!

Anonymous said...

You forgot to put up a picture of me eating my Fancy Feast tuna whitefish (without a bib). That's okay. Grandma switched to Science Diet Minced Turkey and I like it more than fish. Why aren't you here anymore? You looked pretty happy in that picture.