Saturday, November 08, 2008

It's November and Obama Won!



I guess I've been a bit absent from my blog lately, and for no real reason at all. It's still a weird time here and the rhythm of my life has changed. It appears that I still haven't adjusted.

Fall is always beautiful, though. And this fall is even better because Obama won and suddenly things are much more hopeful. It's been wonderful to see how involved and happy Italians are about our election. It can be easy to forget how interconnected we all really are.

I'm still feeling uncertain and a bit lost as I look for work, but last Tuesday made the whole world seem more cheerful. Though I've been doing work at home, I miss having the opportunity to interact with lots of people on a day to day basis. There is a wonderful freedom in being able to control my time, but it's also lonely to be so much more solitary than I used to be.



But surely character building, right?



At the moment, the most pressing question is: how can I remove a temporary tattoo of a wolf scratch?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just know that the photo of you is meant only for me! Meow, meow!

What about training for next year's marathon so that you can get one of those blue ITALIA jackets??

Anonymous said...

WOW... That grey wolfish ears are amazing. I want a couple of this stuff for me!!! You can keep the cat-scratch (why dinkie, why?) for now!

moravkovaeva said...

mnauuuu mnauuuu
I am with you ... !!!
mnauuuu mnauuu

Anonymous said...

Alfie and Moochie want to know who their gorgeous kitty cousin is??? Your aunt will arrive in Milan next Tuesday morning (Nov. 18) and will return to NJ the following Sunday (Nov. 23), staying at the Milan Westin Palace. She would LOVE to have a cappucino, gelato or whatever with her niece and would be thrilled to meet in Baloney or wherever most convenient anytime after Thursday. Can you let her know if that could work or not? GValenze@aol.com