Saturday, March 17, 2007

Gilmore Girls, and Parents too



There has been a lapse in blogging because my family visited me in Bologna. Actually, it's sort of strange to write that here, because my family (I think) are my most consistent blog readers. But anyway, I wasn't blogging because I was with them, and now that I'm blogging again, they can read about why I didn't blog when I was with them.

We did some traveling and saw Ferrara and Florence, which are both beautiful, though very different. And we ate a lot. Unfortunately I haven't uploaded any of the photos yet, but they'll be here eventually.

And here's a photo of my choir.



Last night, after rehearsal, some of us were hungry and wanted to get dinner together. Elio, one of the most charismatic members (he toasted my mother and tried to feed her breadsticks when she came to rehearsal) tricked us into going to a community center with him. Where there was an all-male billiards tournament taking place. (It was some weird kind of billiards with little chalky game pieces in the center of the table.) There was absolute silence as the teams played. I was glared at in a very disturbing and bizarre manner, as was the other female who came with us. Needless to say, we left.

And just a quick note about my student, Andrea, and his infinite wisdom - on Thursday he told me that southern Italy is in the southern hemisphere. Because it's less wealthy than northern Italy. Yes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read your blog Emma. Gets rid of the Hartford blues.