Friday, January 29, 2010

New Tenants

After practically turning into a hotel during the summer, my apartment experienced a low period throughout the fall and early winter. No visitors! However, this sad state was recently turned around upon the arrival of Doreen and May, who stayed with me for about a week in mid-January.



They look really tourist-y and adorable in the above photo. But does your impression of them change if I add that they were marveling at the Fountain of Neptune in Piazza Maggiore, especially the fact that the "fountain" function is represented by water squirting out of mermaids' breasts? (Would a US city ever allow this? In the name of art, maybe.)

While Doreen is a beloved old friend from NYU - literally, from the first day - I had never had the chance to get to know May, and this was a great opportunity. Considering that Do and I haven't had the chance to spend much time together since I moved to Bologna, it was really as if I was exploring new friendships with both girls. And they were sooooooo good to me! See below:

Pancakes (somewhat like crepes) for breakfast with honey, yogurt, apples, bananas and nutella.


Polenta, tuna, baked tomatoes, salad with pears, salmon spread.


This is only a small example of their culinary generosity. Not to mention their cleaning skills. And the fact that Doreen gave us an amazing private yoga lesson. But the real best part was just hanging out with these two terrific women and enjoying a full, warm, sweet-smelling apartment.

Love! (And they have the cutest haircuts.)


I am trying to convince them to come back. I wish the Atlantic were smaller.

1 comment:

Lulu's grandma said...

What a great trio you make! And that food looks pretty delicious, too. Time to invite Doreen and May back and open up the first American restaurant on your block!