Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Import Export



I love Christmas lights. I actually should've done a better job of photographing them in Bologna, where they are the best in the whole world (in my biased opinion), but the ones in NYC aren't bad either. Italians put them on every street and Bologna has them not just over the street, but in the market, in the porticoes, on the towers, everywhere. It's beautiful. I'm sad that they'll be gone when I get back.



It's good to think that 2009 is ending, even if all of the year's little loose ends can't be tied up and left in December. I'm sure that 2010 will be better!

Speaking of great things coming in 2010, here is one:

Eataly, Flatiron Building, New York City, Summer 2010! Yipppeeee! Full of Slow Food and good vinegar and rabbit ragu and basically every other delicious thing to come out of Italy. Probably fewer people will want to visit me, now that a part of Italy (and Bologna, though mostly Turin, where Eataly comes from) has been directly transported to Midtown. I'm almost jealous.

No comments: