Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Grownup Homework

About 6 months ago I decided to enroll in a graphic design class. Among other things it has provided me with unlimited junk food, constantly occupied weekday evenings, new friends, a disrupted eating and sleeping schedule, body painting experiences, and most importantly, a little info about graphic design, which I really enjoy.

The photo below is a basic representation of what I do with my free time. It may look like hieroglyphics to you. It still feels that way to me, pretty much. Plus, there's the fact that I'm taking the class in Italian, while web code is in English, but my computer programs are in Italian because I got them here . . . um . . . help me.



However, there is an immense satisfaction that comes from actually creating my first web page after months of lessons. And my little Flash buttons actually scroll and enlarge the way they're supposed to. And (sometimes) I actually manage to fix my own problems. Pretty cool. The only problem is that now, when I look at a really fancy website, I almost faint from the realization of all the work/sweat/misery that it took to create it.

P.S. Advice/suggestions are more than welcome. However, the color scheme above was chosen after hours of obsessive-compulsive deliberation. Please do not comment on it unless you have a real problem with it. (For a closer look, click on the photo; it'll load much bigger in a different window.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Incomprehensible. But your blog does have some excellent pictures of the late Dinkie.

Pumpkin Head said...

so wait, what don't you do?
just curious.
i don't know italian design, but i'm here for any english-based code questions you may have!

Anonymous 2 said...

Wow, that's pretty impressive! And there are those Pugliese capers peeking out!

Dinkie's mamma is so talented!

Sarettah said...

emmaaaa! sei fantastica e piena di sorprese: quando potrò vederlo on line?
E poi, che problema c'è per il tuo inglese-italiano-inglese??? Ormai la nostra lingua non ha più segreti per te!
Smack