Thursday, February 26, 2009

City Hopping



I can't help but start this entry with a shameless plug for my camera, which takes such purty photos. I love my elph!

This is a photo of the Fiera (Expo Center, I guess) in Milan, where I recently spent 5 days working as an interpreter for my old office. By interpreter, I mean jack of all trades: box unloader, product presenter, plant waterer, technician, etc. We all had to work together as a team to do everything. It was exhausting, but fun - I enjoyed spending time with my coworkers and it was nice to have a change of scene.



I tried two cuisines for the first time: Brazilian and Iranian. Brazilian was the famous meat restaurant, where the waiters come around with skewers and shave off bits of meat for you. The Iranian food was home-cooked, by an Iranian-Brit whom I know from Bologna. She just happened to be taking a photo class in Milan, cooking a feast, when I was there.

Brazilian!


Iranian!


But of course the highlight of the trip was seeing Nemo, his father, and Dory in the fishtank at our hotel. Do you think that they specifically chose fish to mirror the movie?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandma gave me some Nemo for dinner. How come you wanted that shank of beef instead?

(That hat looks very cool on you!)

moravkovaeva said...

Nemoooooooo!!!!

moravkovaeva said...

chi è Dinkie????

Sarettah said...

è vero! è proprio nemo! ma non vedo dory, qual è?

Sarettah said...

... e che vuol dire "purty"?