Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Fresh Towels Galore


Somehow it became August, which means that soon summer will be over. I have no more guests coming to visit me, at least as far as I know, so I can obsessively clean my apartment and eat weird meals in peace. Actually, though, I had great times with the people who visited me this summer. Having guests is so easy when you live alone! I could hand out keys and maps and towels like nobody's business, and there were no roommates to worry about. Here is a photographic representation of my summer guests:


Gallatin invasion, part 1. Anthony and Christine are probably the lowest-maintenance guests ever. They somehow trained their stomachs to be hungry only upon command (if only I had that talent). And they had matching red sneakers, so I never lost track of them.


My super adorable cousin and cousin-in-law (well, almost). How cute are they? It was so nice to have first-time Italy visitors who not only appreciated the phenomenon of Italian fashion, but actually got to know Bologna better than me. Eataly fans unite!


Gallatin invasion, part 2! Chinaka came to Italy and Venice almost moved her to tears. Plus, she was speaking Italian after five days here. I think that she should get ready to move.

However, if I'm going to host guests full-time, I think I need to get ahold of a washing machine. And a bigger coffee-maker!


By the way, I'm a zebra now.

2 comments:

Zebra #2 said...

I thought I got to be the zebra!

member of bologna fan club said...

Fabulous, fabulous portraits of your loverly, loving visitors! A whole Bologna fan club! Yay, eeemsie!