Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Something borrowed, something blue . . .



How did a month pass since I last posted here? Now that I'm 25, I'm prone to lose sense of time and forget things. Problem of old age, clearly. Plus, I've had a super-full month. Two weddings!



First there was the wedding in Lecce, in Southern Italy, of two beloved choir friends. It was sunny and there were emotional moments and good food and pretty dresses. Perfect!



It didn't hurt that it was also my birthday, and I actually had my own cake. Only the best bride and groom in the world would put a surprise birthday cake next to their wedding cake.



The next wedding was in Bologna, in the same beautiful municipal building where Massimo (my ex-roommate/landlord) had his wedding in April. This wedding featured more choir friends, lots of thrown rice (the bride, who had an elegant upswept hairdo, couldn't get the rice out of her hair for the rest of the day), and tons of family and friends.



The two different weddings were ideal complements - one with a traditional church mass, the other a bit more laid back - and it was especially touching to see my friends so happy and (strangely) relaxed on their wedding days.



And now it's really summer . . . I can tell by the 200 degrees present in my apartment. I will probably have to start putting bowls of ice cubes in front of the fan to simulate air conditioning.

2 comments:

moravkovaeva said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMA!
TANTO AMORE PER TUTTI!

Lo sai dove si sta benissimo tutto l'anno? Trulliiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!

One Hundred Steps said...

Gorgeous dress, Emma!