Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Brussels Sprouties



This blog entry is for Rosa, who asked me to post again. It's been too long since I wrote here, and I apologize to my small readership. I haven't been home for an extended period of time in what feels like forever; and when I've been home, I've been sleeping.

A week and a half ago I got back from a lovely trip to London. I stayed with Kasia, who I hadn't spent so much time with since high school (and I missed out, in that time) and Eva, who was my traveling buddy in Puglia as well. Here's Eva, navigating the big city.



And Kasia, learning about the cool stuff in the Victoria and Albert Museum.



I enjoyed my usual culinary adventures, including lots of Korean food...



...and a big ex-pat Thanksgiving dinner.



As always, Borough Market was one of the best parts of the trip. We had the most fun at Neal's Yard Dairy, where we received an enormous amount of free cheese and admired the display. This picture should be scratch'n'sniff.



There were so many good moments to this trip. My Tangfastics (the best sour candy ever; why does Italy not have sour canddy?), cheddar cheese, Christmas lights everywhere, the Google office and all of its goodies (homemade whipped cream!!), getting a chance to play house and travel alone in such a big, beautiful city. It was cold and damp and rainy, which was uncomfortable but appropriate nonetheless. I had never seen London during holiday season.



I'll be back!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yayayayayayayayay. i feel much better.

Anonymous said...

oooh. that all looks yummy. how many countries have you had korean food in??