Friday, February 16, 2007

Cat in the Sink



This is the view from the terrace in my room, from one side. The other side is prettier but I haven't taken a good photo of it yet.

Also, I really don't want to turn into an obsessive cat person, but I couldn't resist putting up these photos. Spilo is so odd. Here is a selection of his daily activities: eating plants, vomiting up leaves around the house (and on my bed), staring people down, snoring, heavy breathing while walking, coughing like an old man, and sneezing balls of snot down the stairs.



Yesterday he climbed into the sink, for unknown reasons. I think it had something to do with the new cutting board I bought, though that's also inexplicable. But he was trying to get to the cutting board. Anyway, he had some very happy moments in the sink, and I took photos. Today he's on his way to Venice on the train with Lucia. She thinks that he'll be happier in a new environment.

I learned a new English tense last night. Present perfect (I have read three books this week, I have given everything away). Technically I know it, and I certainly use it, but I don't know how to talk about it. I had to teach Andrea what it was without knowing how to explain it. I also told him that the past participle of forget was forgot. When it's forgotten. At the end of the session he asked if we could spend next week's class doing review. I need it, too.

And this is an old photo of Bologna around Christmas. That oblong is one of the two towers that are the city's landmarks. The other one broke in half because of poor building techniques.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! What's with the look-alike in Bologna? I hope he stays in Venice and that you pay more attention to your desk photos of your little boy at home.
I wish I could sit on your terrace.

Unknown said...

dinkie!

Anonymous said...

that cat disrupted my conversation.. WHILE I WAS ON AN INTERNATIONAL CALL.

Anonymous said...

Which cat, Dinkie or Stilo? (Where have you been, James Bourne?)