Friday, December 08, 2006

Citrus

I just spent the whole week at a course on business auditing (how to determine if a factory employs children, forced labor, freedom of association, etc) and I am very tired. It was harder than college. And there was a two hour exam at the end. So, I'm tired. But I just bought a big bag of oranges and I'm going to make juice at home, which I'm very excited for.



Also, I learned a new term this week: "mobbing". It's what Italians use to refer to what happens when someone is forced to quit their job due to harassment and intimidation. I have no idea how the English word ended up with that meaning, but they couldn't understand why I didn't already know what it meant. So we were confused together.

I've never seen such tiny oranges as the ones in this photo. How do you eat them?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those little orange oblongs look more like kumquats than oranges. Did you try them? Two people whom you know are going out to dinner tonight--thought you'd like to know!

Anonymous said...

i like the green one the best. sometimes in my cereals there are marshmallows that are fused with other marshmallows so instead of looking like a rainbow they resemble more like monkey wrench.

possibly is there a way you can investigate the labor practices at my jo? i gather that i could hire you as a consultant (at an apprentice rate).

Anonymous said...

can you guys take ME out to dinner?

Anonymous said...

€3,99 a kilo for clementines? now that's a good bargain. not so good though if it were for like kumquats or something though.